What To Do If You Are Injured In A Bar

What happens if you are injured in a bar? Who will be responsible for your medical bills? How about the medicine you may need? And if you have to miss work, who is going to reimburse you for your lost wages? Whether someone has assaulted you, you have cut yourself on a broken glass, or have felt an excessive force from a bouncer, you may be qualified to file a personal injury claim. Here’s what to do if you are injured in a bar.


Report your injuries to the bar owner. If he or she is not available, report your injuries to the manager. Note the owner’s or manager’s name and contact information. Additionally, file a police report, as it will serve as strong evidence in your favor. Speak with witnesses and ask them to write down what the saw and how you were hurt. If possible take photos of the incident as well as your injuries.


Collect all copies of your medical records. This includes receipts for medications, crutches, slings, and even parking fees you might have had to pay while visiting the doctor. If you have to miss work, have your employer write a letter verifying the dates of your absence and the amount of wages you lost.


The court holds bar and nightclub owners to a high legal duty of care to do everything possible to protect their patrons from harm. When an owner fails in his or her duty of care, an injured patron can file a claim or lawsuit for compensation. If you or a loved one has been injured in a bar, contact the law offices of Jacoby & Meyers today for a free case evaluation!

Tagged , , , , , , .